DO YOU KNOW ME?
Investigative Case#: 01-7870
Dental Charts Available: Yes
DNA Available: Yes
Located Date: September 17, 2001
Date of Death: September 16, 2001
Area Found: Grays Harbor County
Area Found: Amanda Park, WA
Approximate Age: 20-30 Years Old
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Race: White/Possibly Native American or Hispanic
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Hazel
Identifying Marks: Appendectomy scar on abdomen. Teeth in near perfect condition. It is possible that he spoke with a slight Canadian or similar accent.
Clothing: Blue plaid shirt, gray "Fruit of the Loom" T-shirt, "Levi 550" bluejeans (size 36-34), black "Timberland" boots (size 10M), black leather belt.
Circumstances: This young man checked into the motel using the name "Lyle Stevik" from 1019 South Progress Avenue, Meridian, Idaho. The maid entered the room the following morning and he indicated that he was going to stay a few more days though he had only paid for one evening. The maid entered again on September 17, 2001 and found him hanging from the coat rack. He had left money on the nightstand with a note that said, "For the Room" on the envelope. The only personal belongings in his possession was a toothbrush and toothpaste.
Grays Harbor Sheriff's Department
Phone: (360) 249-3711
- The address he gave traces back to a Best Western Rama Inn in Meridian, Idaho.
- He gave the name "Lyle Stevik" which may be his real name, but interestingly enough it is also a character's name in Joyce Carol Oates's book called "You Must Remember This" which was published in November, 1998.
- During his brief stay he had no incoming or outgoing calls from his room.
- A piece of paper with the word "SUICIDE" was written in block letters was found in the trash in his room.
- "Lyle" had no tan lines despite it being the end of summer suggesting he didn't spend much time outdoors.
- His nails were neatly trimmed and clean.
- Hair was probably trimmed within a month prior to his death.
- His hair was combed straight back.
- He arrived with no luggage, but had a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- He had changed rooms because of the noise after his arrival. The first room was near the highway and close to a trailer park and was too noisy for him so he moved to a second room located in the middle of the motel.
- He had been seen pacing back and forth next to the road.
- He has an appendectomy scar and had work done on his near perfect teeth so he should have a dentist and medical doctor somewhere who might recognize this man.